Property/facilities management firm of the year finalist: Customers become neighbors for Prometheus
Sep 25, 2010
Property/facilities management firm of the year finalist: Customers become neighbors for Prometheus Real Estate
September 24, 2010
September 24 - Silicon Valley / San Jose Business Journal - by David Mills
Neighbors. That’s what the employees at Prometheus Real Estate Group call the people who rent apartments in the buildings it manages.
That one word says a lot about the approach Prometheus has to its clients and their properties.
“We’re not making decisions today simply to sell something tomorrow,” said John Millham, the senior vice president of acquisitions at Prometheus. “Our real passion is to revolutionize the apartment industry.”
Nationwide, the San Mateo-based property management firm oversees 18,000 residential units and 800,000 square feet of commercial space.
Since its inception in 1965, Prometheus Real Estate Group has specialized in the development and management of high quality residential properties throughout the Western United States. Today, they are the largest private owner of multi-family properties in the San Francisco Bay area with a growing portfolio of more than 18,000 metropolitan area apartments in Seattle, Portland, OR and Los Angeles. Recognition includes:
- 2011 NAHB Best Property Management Company of the Year
- 2010 MHN Best Property Management Company of the Year
- Three Gold Nugget Awards & One Grand Award from the Pacific Coast Builder’s Conference
- First Place in Customer Service and Experience from For Rent Magazine
- Californian Landscape Association Trophy Award
- Portland Advertising Federation Rosey Award
- Multi-House News Design Excellence Award
SOURCE Prometheus Real Estate Group