How to Hold an Apartment Summer Party Your Friends Will Love
The summer season is here, and with it comes parties, get-togethers and BBQs. If you live in an apartment (and we highly recommend it!), don’t think you can't host a summer party. With a little creativity, you’ll probably find that your neighborhood has some perks and possibilities you might not have considered.
Think outside the apartment for your summer BBQ
Using your patio is probably the first thing you think of if you want to grill (be sure to check with your manager for any restrictions). But even though it may seem easy, the downside to grilling on your patio is that you’re, well, on a patio.
Consider getting a small portable grill and using it in one of your neighborhood’s outdoor areas. And if you live with Prometheus, you have a better option: Reserve the barbecue area. If grilling isn’t your thing, reserve the clubhouse instead – many of our Neighborhoods have full kitchens in the clubhouse. Just hop on to The Hub to make your reservation. And remember – Prometheus never charges a fee to use our amenities.
Keep your cool
Once you take the party outside, you’ll need to find a way to keep your guests cool. Buy a few inexpensive handheld misters for your friends to use. You can also take a guest or two to cool down at the pool – which is especially convenient if that clubhouse you booked is poolside.
If you do decide to grill or use the pool, these tips will keep you and your guests healthy and happy:
Grilling safety tips
- Mind the marinade. Marinate meats in the refrigerator, and don’t use that marinade on cooked food. Instead, reserve a portion of the unused marinade for later.
- Get hot. If you’re using a charcoal grill, preheat the coals until they’re lightly coated with ash (about 25 minutes).
- Take your temp. Use a food thermometer to ensure that food is cooked thoroughly. And after it’s cooked, don’t let it sit outside for more than an hour in hot weather (90°F).
- Pay attention to plating. Even though it’s convenient, don’t put cooked foods on the plate that held raw food.
Apartment pool safety tips
- Follow all posted rules. Now’s not the time to be a rebel. Be sure there’s no glass, no running and no pets.
- Designate someone to watch children. Just don’t multitask on your phone at the same time.
- Recognize the signs of drowning – drowning doesn’t look like what you might expect.
We hope you can enjoy
a little a whole lot of R&R this summer – you’ve earned it! And for our Neighbors at Prometheus, we have a few surprises planned for you this season. Be on the lookout for more information.