The Website includes certain services, including The Hub and online leasing and employment applications, that are operated by third parties. Any Personal Information you choose to submit through these services will be retained by such third parties pursuant to their own privacy policies. Links to those privacy policies are provided in Section 5 below. We encourage you to familiarize yourself with their terms.
We may need to change this policy from time to time. The updates will be posted online. To make your review more convenient, we will post an effective date at the top of the page. Your continued use of the Website after the effective date of such changes constitutes your acceptance of such changes.
1. Information We Collect
- We learn information about you when:
You choose to provide us with information.
- This may include, for example, when you fill out and submit forms (such as the contact form or forms requesting information needed to consider you for apartment rentals or potential employment opportunities), when you initiate payments to us through the Website, when you post to any interactive forum, bulletin board, or chat room available on the Website, when you register for e-mail communications, and when you submit a survey response, question or request using the Website.
We or our service providers automatically gather information regarding your use of the Website.
2. Protection of Your Personal Information
We believe we use reasonable administrative, technical, and physical measures to safeguard your Personal Information against loss, theft and unauthorized access, use and modification. Unfortunately, no measures can be guaranteed to provide 100% security. Accordingly, we cannot guarantee the security of your information.
Certain Website services are operated by third parties that will store any Personal Information you choose to submit through such services. The security practices of such third parties apply to any Personal Information you choose to submit through those services. Prometheus does not control the security of any such Personal Information.
3. Use of Information Obtained by Prometheus
- We retain and use your personal information to:
- Provide, understand, protect, maintain and improve the Website and Prometheus’s services.
- Review any application for rental or employment and verify any information included in such an application.
- Customize your experience on the Website or serve you specific content.
- Process payments or changes to your account information.
- Communicate with you, including by providing you information, features or offers that we believe will be of interest to you.
- Respond to your questions or other requests.
- Prevent, detect and investigate potentially prohibited or illegal activities, including fraud, and enforce our terms.
- Carry out any other purpose that you authorize.
4. Sharing of Personal Information Obtained by Prometheus
We do not share your Personal Information with third parties for those third parties’ marketing purposes. We may share non-personally identifiable information, such as Website usage information or other aggregated user statistics, with third parties. In addition, we may share your Personal Information:
- When we have received your permission to share it.
- When you use the Website to share information. The Website may include public forums or other means of sharing information with other users. You should be aware that any such information will, by virtue of being shared, become accessible by others, and Prometheus cannot control what others do with that information. We are not responsible for the information you choose to share with other users or the public through the Website.
- With companies or individuals who help us provide and improve the Website and Prometheus’s services, or manage our relationship with you. We may share your Personal Information with third parties who perform services on our behalf or on behalf of the owner of one of our properties. This may include, without limitation, individual contractors who work for Prometheus, as well as third parties that send communications, help process applications for rentals or employment, process payments, host or analyze data, assist with utility billing or renters insurance, provide credit checks or collection services, provide legal services, provide marketing assistance, or provide customer service on our behalf. These third parties may have access to Personal information in order to provide these services to us or on our behalf.
- For reporting or audit purposes. We may provide data to business partners for reporting or audit purposes.
- When the law requires it. We may disclose Personal Information in order to comply with applicable laws or lawful requests such as subpoenas or court orders. Nothing in this policy is intended to limit any legal defenses or objections that you may have to a third party’s request to disclose your information.
- When we believe it is necessary to prevent harm to you or someone else. We will only share your information in this way if we have a good faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to protect the rights, property or safety of you, other users, Prometheus or the public, or to prevent, detect and investigate potentially prohibited or illegal activities, including fraud, or enforce our terms.
- If our organizational structure or status changes (if we undergo a restructuring, are acquired, or go bankrupt) we may pass your information to a successor or affiliate. We may also share your information with a proposed new owner while they are evaluating our business and in connection with borrowing money or issuing stock. In all of these cases we would require the persons gaining access to your information to agree to confidentiality restrictions.
- With affiliated companies.
5. Website Services Operated by Third Parties
- The Website includes certain third party services that allow for submission of Personal Information, for example, in connection with bill payment; obtaining utilities, insurance, or other services; applications for rentals; and applications for employment.
- The Hub and the online rental application service are operated by third party ActiveBuilding, a RealPage, Inc. company.
- The online employment application process is operated by third party iCIMS, Inc.
- All Personal Information you choose to submit through these areas of the Website is submitted to and retained by the third parties that operate those services, and is subject to their privacy policies. Prometheus is not responsible for these third parties’ privacy practices. We encourage you to familiarize yourself with their privacy policies.
6. Other Things You Should Know
- Policies Concerning Children. If you are under 13, we don’t want your personal information, and you must not provide it to us. If you are a parent and believe that your child who is under 13 has provided us with personal information, please contact us through the contact page at https://prometheusreg.com/contact to have your child’s information removed.
- Do Not Track. California Business & Professions Code Section 22575(b) provides that California residents are entitled to know how we respond to “Do Not Track” browser settings. Like many other websites and online services, we do not currently alter our practices when we receive Do Not Track signals as there is no consensus among industry participants as to what “Do Not Track” means in this context.
Changing or Deleting Personal Information.
- If you want to make a correction to your Personal Information, you may do so by updating your account information through the Website or by contacting us through the contact page at https://prometheusreg.com/contact.
- Note that we may not be able to correct or delete Personal Information in all locations in which it is stored, including if we need to keep the information for legitimate business or legal purposes, and where such update or deletion would be unduly burdensome or impractical (for example, with regard to information stored in backup systems).
- In accordance with our routine corporate record-keeping practices, we may delete certain records that contain your Personal Information. We are under no obligation to store such information indefinitely and disclaim any liability arising out of, or related to, the destruction of such information.
- Consent to transfer. The Website is operated in the United States. Your Personal Information will be processed and shared in the United States, where data protection and privacy regulations may provide different levels of protection than those in non-United States jurisdictions. If you are located in the European Union, Canada or elsewhere outside of the United States, please be aware that any information you provide to us will be transferred to the United States. By using the Website or providing us with your information, you consent to this transfer.